Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Blogging Part II

This is why I have a blog: so I can say whatever I feel necessary publicly without feeling bad thinking someone feels obligated to read it. It's there. I've said it. That's enough.

Call me a nerd, I don't care. Sometimes I curse and that, I was informed, is considered improper language for lady. I really, really do not mind being an improper lady. If that is the worst thing that I am in my life, I will have considered my life an utter success.

This post is inspired by a short conversation with a guy named John. By short, I mean an hour and seventeen minutes. He talked 92% of the time. I asked him if he writes and he does not, but he wants to be a teacher, which I think is probably great for him. I probably wouldn't want to be his student because he's so full of words that he has no room for someone else's. That makes me sad. I wonder if I am that way too. Then I write a blog post about it.

I felt like a cornered cat with no escape. He would have 10-minute monologues and I didn't even need to say anything. It was kind of a surreal experience to tell the truth, having someone talk so much at me that it was as if I were not even there. Who was he talking to? Who did he really need to hear what he had to say? I wonder if he heard me at all.

This is why I have a blog.

1 comment:

Jeremy the Wonder-Pooch said...

:)

-Jeremy the Wonder-Pooch