Thursday, January 08, 2015

Frowning Upside-Down

This is the year I'm going to own this as my theme song:




May I also share with you a brief conversation I had on a dating website?
It's just evidence as to why that previous statement is true.


Him: After reading you profile... I want that 30 seconds of my life back.
Sent 11:47am

Me: Then it doesn't make sense that you wasted another five seconds alerting me of that fact. Hope your day is as filled with joy as your message to me. Cheers.
Sent 11:55am

Him: No it does... Every once in a while I run across some self absorbed arrogant diatribe of a woman like yourself. Who is so fascinated with themselves that others are a constant source of hum drum boredom. You are not unique. You are not original. You are just like everyone else and in your vain attempts at being different... You are exactly the same...
Sent 12:32pm

Me: I am forever in your debt then for making aware of the fact. I am so fortunate that you stumbled upon my profile and took the time to expound on why I am so unexceptionally ordinary. I will go forthright into the future knowing I am as a special as a grain of sand on the sea shore and carry with me your insightful explanation of the insignificance of my life. Bless you and your son.
Sent 12:39pm

Him: Lol. Nice response. You have a good one ma'am.
Sent 12:59pm


I feel like I have won this day. In the Bible it's called "turning the other cheek". In Avatar it's called "appreciating their creation and them as the creator of their creation." In Improv it's called "saying yes, and..." In life it's called "not giving a fuck." Here's an article on the subject.

Anyway, here is a song to help you recover from that other one. 

1 comment:

Razorsedge said...

I like the first song better.